This Product is Final Sale.
Once purchased this item will ship in 5-7 business days.
Collector’s Edition (No. 1,001–10,000), signed by Annie Leibovitz, with a tripod bookstand by Marc Newson
The bookends of the Leibovitz collection are the black-and-white photograph of Richard Nixon’s helicopter lifting off from the White House lawn after he resigned as president in 1974 and the formal color portrait of Queen Elizabeth II taken in a drawing room of Buckingham Palace in 2007. In between are portraits that make up a family album of our time: actors, dancers, comedians, musicians, artists, writers, performance artists, journalists, athletes, businesspeople. Performance and power are recurring themes. A supplementary book contains essays by Annie Leibovitz, Graydon Carter, Hans Ulrich Obrist, and Paul Roth and short texts describing the subjects of each of the over 250 photographs.
The Collector’s Edition is available in four different covers:
- Whoopi Goldberg, Berkeley, California, 1984
- Keith Haring, New York City, 1986
- David Byrne, Los Angeles, 1986
- Patti Smith, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1978
Limited to a total of 10,000 signed and numbered copies, this book is available as Collector’s Edition (No. 1,001–10,000) and also as an Art Edition (No. 1–1,000) with a fine art print, signed by Annie Leibovitz, and the full set of all four covers.
Both editions come with a tripod book stand designed by Marc Newson.
Edition: Keith Haring
Edition: David Byrne
Edition: Patti Smith
Edition: Whoopi Goldberg
- Distance between each leg: 86 cm (34 in.)
- Platform: 78 x 62.5 cm (31 x 27 in.)
- Height when positioned horizontally: 90 cm (35 in.)
- Height when in display position: back 98 cm (39 in.), front 83 cm (33 in.)
Click here to download the assembly instructions for the tripod bookstand